The Significance Behind the Bartlett-Travis House
This historic icon is the ideal setting for wedding photos, showers, rehearsal dinners, and family gatherings. The early version of the house was a story and a half “Greek Revival” cottage typical of second-generation houses in the 1840s. It was first owned by Thomas and Maria Bartlett. In 1867, their son, George, bought the house and raised it two full stories and added on the front porch. In 1908, William and Martha Travis purchased the house. They added on the modern wrap around porch. In 1988, it was donated by a local realtor, Kev Dividock, to the Canton Township Historical Commission for all of us to enjoy and capture history. Today, the house hosts tours and is available for tours and private parties.